Unforgettable week of Erasmus+

Unforgettable week of Erasmus+



We were the hosting country at the beginning of October, specifically from 7th to 12th October. I was very nervous on Sunday, at the noon I asked my dad to go for our new family member for a week - Vilma from Finland. The whole group of girls who hosted the girls from this northland went together for a lunch and spent the sunday afternoon together. It was a good idea, because our guests were here as the first ones. 

When Vilma told me she was tired and she would like to go, I called my mum to take us. But we had to wait a little long time. It was not so bad, we were standing at the bus stop and talking about everything. In that moment I knew that it would be OK. And it was! My parents decided to have a barbecue with the neighbours that evening, Vilma had no problem with that. And at the end it was a great time.

On Monday we met early in the morning at school, we played the name games, honestly it was not much funny, but absolutely necessary. Me and my best friend Eliška took Vilma for a lunch to hospital where my mother works. It must sound a little wierd, but it was good opportunity to show my guest another important place in my daily routine. Then we (Czech-finish group) went to taste the typical Czech sweet food nemed "trdelník" and coffee was not missing. Then I was very pleased, I asked Vilma if she would like to go with me on my saxophone lesson or if she wanted to stay with her colleagues. And she answered that she was going with me. My saxophone teacher was very funny, and I was translating more then playiing. It was an interesting experience for him too. 

But the best of Monday was for sure the evening. The whole erasmus group met in the restaurant and played bowling. But without techers of course.

On Tuesday we had to get up really early, because the trip to Pilsen was planned. We spent the morning separately, because foreigners had the special workshop in the career center. That ment free time for us others. After that we climbed up on the city tower for an amazing view. Right choice! An the afternoon we spent in the famous Pilsen brewery. What an interesting but also busy day.

Wednesday was the most complicated for the organisation. We prepared special programme. Everybody was devided the small team and visited all  five places in Příbram. I had different task, we were together with my best friend in the firefighters service station, and we told every team about the station and mainly informations about the qualities necessery for the firefighter career. At the end everybody could try the special trainig. In the afternoon we took our guests to Dobříš, the small town neer, where we showed them the beautiful castle and more beautifle castle garden. 

Thursday was an important day for me and not just because of my 17th birthday. The morning at school was a little boring, in my opinion, but then it was unique. I simply wanted to show Vilma one of the most wonderful places in the town - New Lake Park. Then she was awsome again, I needed to see my doctor (the preventive visit in 17) and she had no problem. Thanks for this help. But the afternoon had not finished yet. We and others went to the mining museum, it is another important place everybody should see. But there was nobody who could speak English. I had to show what my limit is. It was hard, but I am proud that I interpreted the way they understood. And the Czech people enjoyed my sometimes wierd system of translating. Whau! I am still sweaty of this memory... 

When the workers in the museum told me that my English is perfect for only second year on the grammar school, I was in the seventh heaven.
The evening was totally super. I enjoyed the organised party as one of the best parties in my life.
(I know that sounds wierd, but it is the truth...)

Friday was firstly tired (the getting up so early after the evenings party was awful) and secondly sad - we started to understand that the end of this unbelievable week was coming.  The Prague saw many tears. But I was one the happier ones, my trip to Finland is comming in the end of February. And now I know that I am going to see my new finnish friend again.

I just hope that I will be such a perfect guest as Vilma was for my family.


Thanks all the teachers for the organisation of one of the most unforgettable weeks in my life. 


And in February: Hello Finland!

Komentáře