Something about me



My name is Barbora Vacková and I am 17 years old. My world is a little busy, but that is nothing special when you are a teenager. I attend the second class of grammar school in small city Příbram. This place lies only 60 kilometres from Prague. Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic. 

I have many hobbies. I started with judo when I was 8 years old. Judo changed me. Since I started train this sport I am more self-confident and more courageous. I am really excited to this sport. I would like to learn more and more techniques. I am in the small club and I have to say, the I am one of the oldest students of judo there. We have small children there too. They are really funny and I like to teach they new techniques. When I was younger I had some good results from tournaments, but now I am older and calmer and I do not want to fight, I just want to ejoy it. Our coach is really fair and charismatic guy. He and Lukáš Krpálek (the Czech Olympic Champion) are my two heroes.


My second hobby is music. I started to play the flute when I started the primary school. Then I changed the instrument, I chose saxophone. This amazing instrument is my big friend when I am angry. When you play the saxophone you use much energy, so it calms me down. When I am sad, I do not play the saxophone, I play the guitar. These two instruments are the reasons why I like jazz, country and folk musik. My favourites musicians are Candy Dulfer, Jaromír Nohavica, Michal Hrůza etc. I am strange in this because I do not like modern music, mostly I like old bands and singers. And when I say old, I mean really old. One of my the most favourites is the czech artistic couple from the 30s - Voskovec and Werich. When I am sad and I can not play the guitar I simply sing the songs by ABBA...yeah I am different.


I am one of two youngest members in our primary music school band called Ladies and Gentleman. Every Thursday afternoon I spend with such a talented people there. It is always big honor for me. I also like films, books, theatre and dance. The dancing classes were amazing time last year. And now is the time to go on all the balls as is possible.

My another hobby is firefighter sport. I started with this special hobby in my village. Now I am a member of the team in the next village, because in one team you need 7 persons, and my village is too small...
But I can say I love sports in general, skiing (downhill but also cross-country), skating, ice hockey, shouting, floorball, tennis, cycling etc. Cycling is special, I simply love that feeling of freedom.


OK, it was some information about me and my hobbies. 
Thank you very much for your reading. 




Komentáře