The freezing week in the North


It was the Sunday 24th February when we (the group of six czech girls and our teachers) set off the fascinating journey to Finland. From Prague to Helsinki and then to Oulu. I have never flown since this experience. It was wonderful! I was afraid of course, but I was also enthusiastic.

In the evening we met again with my Finnish friend Vilma after such a long time. Her family was lovely, younger silblings Meeri, Sirry and Elias were very nice. Meeri draw me beautiful picture. Kiitos Vuolets!

On Monday we visited the interesting school in Utajärvi. I must say it looked like a really rich school as I had heard before. Immediately after we had finished the tour through the whole school, we started to work on our main programme for that week, it was making business plans. We were devided into the groups, where we had to speak only English, because there were nobody from our natinality groups. We finished this project on Friday with the spectacular presentation in front of all the others. I am proud of our group, because our ecological company won.

On Tuesday we visited very interesting Rokua National Park, the snowshoeing there was such a funny experience.  And we all enjoyed  the evening relax in Rokua SPA, of course. Wednesday visit of Santa Claus in Rovaniemi was nice, but the feeling that we were beyond the Arctic Circle was unbelievable.

For me the Thursday won. We did not have to get up so early, it is counted. But mainly I liked the natural science tour through the Oulu university. The student who took us to the chemistry laboratory told us really interestingly about chemistry which is one of my favourites subjects. Then we met Dan from the Czech Republic. It was great surprice, we could speak Czech with someone else. I needed that because we had started to be a little tired of the English all around. 

And luckily when we were coming back to Muhos we looked out of the window and saw something beautiful - the polar lights. Our teacher asked the driver to stop and we could take some photos and enjoy this another unforgettable feeling. 

Friday was the sad day. We had to say goodbye forever. I know this is the century of social networks but we all know it does not work. We simply knew we saw our Finnish friends for the last time. 

The whole week was full of unforgettable experiences and knowledges. It was interesting we found out also something about ourselfs. And I can proudly say it was not easy to program back to our mother tongue. (Yes, I know maybe the grammer is not my cup of tea, but the speaking with our erasmus friends was much better... ;-)) The week in Finland was not the week of historical sights like in Spain of Greece for our coleagues, but it was the week of great experiences. I am honored I could be a part of that.

Näkemiin Suomi!




Komentáře